November 1st launches the Annual Flu Vaccine Campaign of 2019-2020. Grace Village will again participate on November 6th by hosting our own Annual Flu Vaccine Clinic. Having the flu shot is your best defence against the flu. It can save lives, protect against sickness and shields those people close to you.
Who should get the flu shot?
Everyone 6 months and older, especially:- People at high risk of complications from the flu
- People with health conditions, such as:
- cancer and other immune compromising conditions
- heart disease
- lung disease
- kidney disease
- neurologic or neurodevelopment conditions
- children up to 18 years of age undergoing treatment for long periods with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA)
- people 65 years and older
- people who live in nursing homes or other long-term care facilities
- children under 5 years of age
- pregnant women or those planning to get pregnant
- Childcare providers
- Healthcare providers
- Family and other household members
- Those who provide services in closed or relatively closed settings to people at high risk, such as crew on a ship
Remember, getting the flu shot will protect you from the flu, but especially will help prevent the flu from working its way through a community. By your efforts to get vaccinated, you’ll help prevent flu illness in more vulnerable people like babies and young children, older people, and people with certain chronic health conditions.
The Grace Village Flu Clinic will take place:
RAMQ card is required for immunization. Refreshments will be served.